AFA Home › Forums › Watercooler › Introduce Yourself!
Introduce Yourself!Olivia Robles replied 4 days, 11 hours ago 357 Members · 440 Replies
Miki PattersonMember2022-12-04 at 12:02 am
- Miki Patterson
- Lansing, MI
- Have done ITIL training before, team is looking to do Scrum training now
- Finding others to share best practices with
- Team member found this training for team
Sylvain PerrierMember2022-12-16 at 8:12 am
- Sylvain Perrier
- Toronto, Canada
- To learn about agile and how it can help my engineering team
- Excited to share new ideas and meet new people
- Google search
Stephanie JohnsonMember2022-12-16 at 11:52 am
- Stephanie Johnson
- Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
- I just started as a project manager midway through this year so looking to learn some skills related to being a Project Manager
- Meeting new people in this field.
- My manager told me to sign up here, I have coworkers taking this course as well.
Reka RistMember2022-12-16 at 2:27 pm
1. My name is Reka Rist
2. I am located in Denver Colorado
3. I am here because I would like to learn more about agile and the specific frameworks so I can use it in my everyday work.
4. I am most excited about learning more about agile and becoming a certified scrum master.
5. I found you through the ScrumAlliance
Antonio ChecaMember2022-12-17 at 2:41 pm
- My name is Antonio!
- I’m located in Panama, Central America.
- First of all I’m looking kicking off 2023 applying Agile Practices to several of the projects I’m spinning up.
- Getting to know like minded individuals that want to collaborate and build awesome products!
- Reviewing the course listings Scrum Alliance website I found you an then I went doing some research on the different instructors listed via Youtube, LinkedIn, Twitter and so on to pick the right class to join!
Ajay MannMember2022-12-18 at 12:31 pm
- Who are you? Ajay Mann
- Where are you located? Toronto
- Why are you here? What are you looking to learn? I am in procurement and IT sourcing. Hoping to learn the agile framework / Scrum Master information to improve my understanding around contracts requirements.
- What are you the most excited about in terms of our growing community? To hone my skills and add another value add qualification which should enhance my knowledge my experience in the Scrum Master arena.
- And, how did you find us? Skillbook registeration online.
Andrea SchartzMember2022-12-18 at 4:46 pm
- Who are you? Andrea Schartz
- Where are you located? Wyandotte, MI
- Why are you here? What are you looking to learn? I recently became a Product Owner at an insurance company. Have very little Agile experience, but others in the company do so wanted to get up-to-speed.
- What are you the most excited about in terms of our growing community? Learning about it and hopefully incorporating it into my work life to be more productive and efficient.
- And, how did you find us? Google – Scrum Alliance
Nancy ZhaoMember2022-12-18 at 7:46 pm
- Nancy Zhao.
- Brooklyn, NY.
- I am looking to learn and to be agile in my work. A lot of those around me have some kind of certification in agile methodologies, so I want to be knowledgable in the area too.
- To be in training course with professionals from different backgrounds and industries, all who are looking to learn a thing or two about what it means to be agile.
- This course was that a few of my colleagues have taken.
Thomas ManierMember2022-12-18 at 10:25 pm
My name is Thomas Manier.
I’m located in Montreal (Canada).
I’m here to learn more about agile methodology and see how it can be used in my current role as a business analyst/project manager.
I’m excited to hear about concrete experiences from the community about the use of agile and how it really improves efficiency in project management.
I found this training on the Scrum Alliance website.
Nancy DammMember2022-12-27 at 11:49 am
1. Nancy Damm
2. Fort Collins CO
3. Joined to find more inspiration as a Scrum Master
4. Share my experiences as a Scrum Master in companies/projects that are kind of Agile, but mostly in transition.
5. Love to hear about A-CSM courses, especially courses that were readily available and quite thought provoking like Agile of All courses. I’ve taken most of my training from Agile for All and couldn’t locate a course here. Thanks!
Johnelle SouzaMember2023-01-05 at 4:57 pm
- Johnelle Souza
- Currently splitting my time between Arizona (work/school) and Hawai’i (home).
- I have practical experience as a Product Owner, but I am excited to fill some knowledge gaps and learn more from our CSPO course instructors and classmates.
- I am grateful to have an online/virtual community available and to become an active part of it — especially when I am physically unable to based on my location.
- I found this CSPO course on the Scrum Alliance website, however I remember enjoying my previous experiences with Agile for All (I attended and received my CSM and A-CSM through their courses).
Victoria BauerMember2023-01-06 at 4:13 pm
- I’m Tori Bauer
- I live in St.Louis, MO
- Why are you here? What are you looking to learn? I’m here to learn more about Agile & improve my skills in the Project management world!
- What are you the most excited about in terms of our growing community? I’m very excited about what I can learn and how I can leverage my skills in this space. I thrive at solving puzzles and putting order to chaos, and I love being a people’s leader. I want to take that to the next level and make a greater impact.
- And, how did you find us? Scrum Alliance
Elyse McIntyreMember2023-01-06 at 5:16 pm
- Hey! My name is Elyse! I am new to the PM world and am really excited to learn more about the Agile methodology and gain this certification!
- Good ol’ Toronto
- As mentioned above, I had a career change recently from HR, and I am looking to grow my PM skills. Agile seems to be a methodology that is being readily adopted and I am really looking forward to honing in on those skills and playing an active role in a recent agile project I have been assigned to at work.
- I am really looking forward to getting to know this group and making lasting connections!
- Google! I then had a colleague confirm it’s a great course!
Juliet BaesMember2023-01-06 at 9:18 pm
- Hi, I’m Juliet.
- I’m from Toronto
- I’m looking forward to learn more about Scrum’s framework and to be able to take the CSM certification.
Eneida RodriguezMember2023-01-07 at 4:38 pm
1. Hello everyone, my name is Eneida!
2. I live in Metro Atlanta.
3. I’m here to gain perspective on the PM field, and how CSPO/Scrum Master can benefit me in the future.
4. I look forward to meeting new people and learning together.
5. My colleagues.
Kyrsty CahoonMember2023-01-09 at 12:07 pm
- Kyrsty Cahoon
- Boise, ID
- Just switched my job role into project management and was told learning scrum and Agile would be a good place to start.
- To learn more from those more experienced than me!
Taylor AgnewMember2023-01-09 at 1:13 pm
1. Taylor Agnew
2. Atlanta, GA
3. I took a new role as a Project Manager and was given advice to look into Agile. I’m super excited to get this certification and just absorb anything and everything that I can!
4. Just excited to learn from the professionals!
5. A coworker recommended this program and had nothing but amazing things to say!
Raymond RizzoMember2023-01-09 at 4:49 pm
Hello, I’m Raymond Rizzo.
I’m in NJ
I’ve been working as a product owner for an automation team since 2022-10 and figured it’s probably good to get some official training for it.
I like the opportunity to network because, as we know, 90% of jobs come from your network.
I clicked on a link from Scrum Alliance for my CSPO training, and here I am… 😃
Branden Van DerburMember2023-01-12 at 9:35 am
- Branden Van Derbur
- Colorado Springs, CO
- I’m a newly promoted DevSecOps Engineer within my company and I’m looking to progress further into the Agile realm to gain as much knowledge and experience as possible to benefit my team as a Scrum Master.
- Gaining the knowledge to progress as much as possible in my new career field and to be the best I can be for my team.
- I found Agile for All through my coworker who has attended the course.
Jonathan JangarMember2023-01-14 at 5:43 am
- Jonathan Jangar
- I am located in Concord, CA
- I’ve been a project manager for a little over a year. While I feel that I do a great job, I’ve witnessed my colleagues continue to push their level of knowledge and skillsets through courses and bootcamps, successfully obtaining their certifications. I am not too familiar with what this course has to offer, but I am open to learning about the gaps I have as a project manager and apply what I learn to my projects (current and future).
- It’s always great to be part of a community of beginners and experienced professionals. I look forward to meeting people in the community and learn how I can improve professionally.
- My manager mentioned Aglie Bob and how much she enjoyed taking his courses.