Great agile, scrum, lean and kanban online resources from December 2009
This will be a monthly feature during 2010 and beyond. I’m going to give you some blog posts, articles and popular items from right here that I think are interesting enough to share. There is plenty of good stuff here, so take your time exploring…
Lots of great blog postings this month. Below are a few I found intriguing enough to share:
- Mike Cottmeyer on what to focus on during agile adoption.
- Johanna Rothman on agile managers as generalists.
- Mike Cohn on agile design.
- Elisabeth Hendrickson talks about a definition of agile.
- Israel Gat on the business value of agile methods.
- Syed Rayhan on the SaaS Product Owner.
- Mike Cohn on not blaming only the Product Owner.
- Ash Maurya on Flow.
- Five Why’s on influence of XP vs. Scrum.
- Social, Agile and Transformation on failing fast, often and cheap.
- Johanna Rothman on ideal team size and ratios.
- Gojko Adzic on agile adoption.
- William Wake on embracing commitment.
- Diana Larson on values, principles and practices.
- Rob Bowley on agile needing fixing.
- Boris Gloger on not having a ScrumMaster be Product Owner.
- Laszlo Szalvay on personal heroics vs. team success.
- Ron Jeffries on the difficult inherent in inspect and adapt.
- Ralph Jocham on agile being about deliverables.
- Jason Yip on a small change to the agile manifesto.
There were some excellent online articles as well:
- Agile Journal review of 5 new agile books.
- Scrum Alliance Fun Driven Development.
- Kanban Distilled for Managers
- InfoQ when the ScrumMaster becomes the impediment.
- Harvard Business Review The Builder’s Manifesto.
- Agile Journal Implementing Agile.
- Dr. Dobbs Journal 2009 Agile Update.
- Cutter Consortium 2010 Predictions.
The 5 biggest hits on this blog were:
- New to agile? Keep it very simple
- Agile antipattern: taking on large stories
- Agile antipattern: burndown charts that hide the truth
- Agile antipattern: burndown wall
- New to agile? Learn how to split stories
Tune in on February 1 to see what I liked in January 2010!
Until next time I’ll be Making Agile a Reality® by keeping people informed of interesting blogs and articles that can help them!
If you have ideas for other blogs or articles that caught your attention please leave a comment below so the rest of us can see it too!
[…] This post was mentioned on Twitter by Mike Cottmeyer, Bob Hartman and Agile Carnival, agilemashup. agilemashup said: Post: #agile Great agile, scrum, lean and kanban online resources from December 2009 http://bit.ly/89dPYz […]
Social comments and analytics for this post…
This post was mentioned on Twitter by AgileForAll: I just created a new #agile blog post: : Great agile, scrum, lean and kanban online resources from December 2009 http://bit.ly/7OJNK2…