I took the CSM course in April and have had zero luck getting Scrum Master interviews. I live in the Austin, TX area where Scrum Master jobs are posted constantly. My experience has all been in education (as a school counselor and teacher). I have reworked my resume’ to frame my experience through an Agile lens, but that has not gotten me any traction. Does anyone out there from the development and CSM world have any advice?
Here is how I framed my most recent work experience as a counselor:
• Removed impediments for key initiatives.
• Maintained sprint backlog for team projects and updated as necessary.
• Protected the time of team members by ensuring that they were not taken away from the tasks related to current project.
• Resolved conflicts peacefully among team members.
• Facilitated meetings with team and management.
• Worked with cross-functional teams to ensure that goals were met and projects were completed on time.
• Ensured an understanding of the definition of done by all team members on various projects.
• Researched effectiveness of similar projects in other organizations.