Agile Leadership — Leading Amazing Teams for Breakthrough Results
Leaders today face shifting challenges when helping teams succeed in our complex world. With increasing speed, change, and unknowns, leaders can’t rely on ‘knowing everything’ — there is too much happening. While many leaders realize this, acting on it to create an environment where teams can thrive and deliver is not simple. Leaders need to bring new and deeper levels of skill and engagement to meet these challenges.
High-performance is more than a catchphrase, it is a state where teams are self-organizing to solve problems and deliver value to customers. Self-organizing and self-managing are not the same. The process of helping teams reach and maintain high-performance state varies from team to team and organization to organization, however the foundational skills leaders need do not change.
While we want teams to solve many of their own challenges, leaders play a critical part in this process by helping teams continue to improve and develop. Great leaders engage with people and teams to address issues like conflict head-on, helping teams find ways to gain from conflict and improve. They don’t have the luxury of telling teams “you are empowered” and walking away – they must do ‘just enough’ to help teams thrive. This requires leaders to have the awareness and protocols in place to know when they might be limiting the team. Agile Leadership — Leading Amazing Teams brings critical tools, techniques, skills, and ideas from professional coaching, brain-based training, neuroscience, leadership, change management, and much more to help leaders succeed.
What to Expect
We take training and learning seriously and take your decision to spend time advancing your skills and improving yourself seriously. As such, we use the latest training approaches and techniques, and bring energy and fun, to ensure you have the best possible experience and learn as much as possible.
- Brain-based training to dramatically increase learning and retention (both instructors are Certified Training From the Back of the Room Trainers)
- Expect to be challenged and look at ways you need to change to help others improve
- Opportunities throughout the course to focus on your real-world situations
- Advanced and cutting-edge skills and techniques to deal with the specific challenges you are facing
- In-depth engagement with your instructors and fellow attendees. If you are looking for a dry lecture, this class is NOT for you!
- Interactive, fun, and experiential learning — increasing safety and retention — laughing helps learning
- Two Instructors — Agile Leadership – Leading Amazing Teams is co-taught by two instructors, providing additional depth and insight, varied experiences and learning opportunities, and real-time lessons around co-leadership.
- Understand the connection between leadership and coaching to achieve high performance
- Explain the value of agile coaching and leading with coaching in today’s world
- Explore and practice using a coaching framework to find your leadership stance
- Learn to assess the level of coaching a team requires and when to ask for help
- Demonstrate how to kick off a new team and provide them with a foundation for success
- Apply multiple coaching tools and techniques, in various situations, to help individuals and teams create and maintain a high performing team
- Dispel common Agile Leadership Myths to address real team challenges
- Learn about and practice shifting your mindset to approach leadership challenges from new perspectives that empower teams
- Explore your ability and capacity as a coach and leader and determine what areas you need to improve
- Explore challenges with organizational agility and multiple teams — and opportunities to address the challenges
- Experience new ideas to help teams embrace healthy conflict as normal
- Demonstrate Training from the Back of the Room, Brain-based training techniques that you can use as a leader, manager, or coach to help your teams continuously improve
- Apply practices & skills from the field of Professional Coaching and learn how they are critical to your success as a leader
- Establish and refine a leadership backlog to apply when you return to work
Who Should Attend
- Directors, VPs, managers, development managers, agile coaches, executives, aspiring leaders (with team experience)
- Anyone who is leading teams or groups in an organization
- Leaders involved with helping teams succeed, including leadership teams, delivery teams, Scrum teams, agile teams, etc.
Length & Level
Length: 3-days + pre-reading assignments
On-site at your location or held publicly throughout the year.
Level: Intermediate to Advanced
Experience being a leader, manager, or agile coach who has worked with or lead teams — or aspiring to be a leader with experience with teams. If you have any questions regarding your experience and your qualification to take the course, just ask!
- 24 PMI PDUs
- 24 Scrum Alliance SEUs
- ICAgile Certified Professional in Agile Coaching (ICP-ACC)
- Scrum Alliance – Certified Agile Leadership (CAL1)
TO HELP CONVINCE SOMEONE ELSE, DOWNLOAD COURSE DETAILS
Let’s start a conversation. Contact us for scheduling or questions about this course.