An immersive, intensive 3-day course providing hands-on training in the most powerful and popular Agile Engineering Practices (aka Scrum Developer Practices, Extreme Programming practices), and the synergy gained by combining them.
Practices include Test-Driven Development, Refactoring, Continuous Integration, Collective Code Ownership, Pair Programming, Acceptance-Test Driven Development, time-boxed experimental “spikes,” Energized Work, and Emergent Design and Architecture.
Those who successfully complete this course may become a Scrum Alliance Certified Scrum Developer®.
- A variety of individual practices; and how they improve team communication, product quality, and maintainability. Includes Continuous Integration, Test-Driven Development, Pair Programming, and many others.
- A clear understanding of why our industry needs professional development & engineering practices.
- A clear understanding of why these particular practices are well-suited for Agile frameworks such as Scrum & Kanban.
- Techniques for teams and individuals to realistically stick to these practices in a disciplined way.
- Learn more about these skills here: https://agileforall.com/frequently-asked-questions-about-agile-technical-skills/
Software developers, lead programmers, and architects. Participants will split into teams of 4-6 people who can read and understand the programming language selected by that team. Each participant will be working closely with others to craft real code.
LEVEL & LENGTH
Level: Introductory to Experienced
Length: 3 days on-site or off-site
- Ability to read and understand the basics of one of the selected programming languages.
- Familiarity with an Agile framework such as Scrum, XP, or Kanban.
- In order to obtain Scrum Alliance Certified Scrum Developer—and in addition to taking this course as the designated 3-day technical CSD course—you will also need to complete one of two tracks:
- Obtain your CSM from a Certified Scrum Trainer (2 day training). See our offerings.
- Take a Scrum Intro course (1 day) and a Technical Elective course (1 day).
“The discussions of critical Agile concepts like pairing, Test Driven Development, and Refactoring were very valuable and informative.”
“At the end of the class, we all wanted to do pair programming and TDD. Go figure.”
“Rob was very knowledgable and shared his experiences with the class. The exercises were very helpful and kept the class engaged.”
“…refreshing and encouraging.”
“‘Test’ is no longer a four-letter word!” — Tim Ashton
Let’s start a conversation. Contact us for scheduling or questions about this course.