An immersive, intensive 3-day course providing hands-on training in the most powerful and popular Agile Engineering Practices (aka Scrum Developer Practices, Extreme Programming practices), and the synergy gained by combining them.
Practices include Test-Driven Development, Refactoring, Continuous Integration, Collective Code Ownership, Pair Programming, Acceptance-Test Driven Development, time-boxed experimental “spikes,” Energized Work, and Emergent Design and Architecture.
- A variety of individual practices (see table next page), and how they support each other.
- A clear understanding of why our industry needs professional development & engineering practices.
- A clear understanding of why these particular practices are well-suited for Agile frameworks such as Scrum & Kanban.
- Techniques for teams and individuals to realistically stick to these practices in a disciplined way.
Software developers, lead programmers, and architects. Participants will split into teams of 4-6 people who can read and understand the programming language selected by that team. Each participant will be working closely with others to craft real code.
LEVEL & LENGTH
Level: Introductory to Experienced
Length: 3 days on-site or off-site
- Ability to read and understand the basics of one of the selected programming languages.
- Familiarity with an Agile framework such as Scrum, XP, or Kanban.
- In order to obtain Scrum Alliance Certified Scrum Developer—and in addition to taking this course as the designated 3-day technical CSD course—you will also need to complete one of two tracks:
- Obtain your CSM from a Certified Scrum Trainer (2 day training). See our offerings.
- Take a Scrum Intro course (1 day) and a Technical Elective course (1 day).
Let’s start a conversation. Contact us for scheduling or questions about this course.